DEGENERATED GENERATION


If we continue to live this way this generation of Nigerians will continue to leave everything to prayers and God. Our ancestors will take care of it or our God is always merciful he will take of it. No wonder we cannot hold our leaders accountable rather we leave them for God.
I was shocked when I turned back to realize that the whole of the class I was teaching was rushing out of the classroom through all exits, at first I didn’t know what to think until
“sorry corper, they didn’t had their prayers this morning”
I turned to find the compound master behind me. I couldn’t utter a word as I was still trying to wrap my head around what just happened. How did we get here? What is our priority as a people? Quality education or Prayers? Why on earth would one chase students out of their classes where they are receiving lessons for prayers? Because prayers are more important than why we are here in the first place?
This is what we have become-passive beings who doesn’t believe that their destiny is in their own hands. This is what anthropologists referred to as the cargo cult mentality- a believe by backward people that someday, without any exertion whatsoever on their part, a fairy ship will dock in their harbor laden with every goody they have always dreamed of possessing.
This is why Kogi State University has been closed and the students are busy organizing fasting and prayer sessions. They are entrusting the issue to God. Let me state clearly that I have nothing against praying to God, but when you do nothing but prayers that’s where I have a problem. I once read somewhere that “you don’t take energy drink and then go to bed, so why pray and not act”
As long as we live, we must strive to exert pressure to make certain changes in our lives. Fight when the time is right and pray hard when the time for prayer comes. The most important thing is to know the timing for both.
Although many believe in a being that is suppose to call all the shots, that being also gave you hands, eyes, legs and the most important of them all – The brain.
ACT, PRAY AND USE YOUR HEAD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Last Night by Abdulqawiyu Muhammad

DR. HALIMAT SALIU: THE GM (GENERAL MAMA) By Yusuf Abubakar Idogu

WHAT IF ?